“For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.” (Isaiah 41:13)
We are commanded to honor God with our bodies and let’s face it, no one desires to fail on another “diet.” But every time we get exasperated, wanting to quit, the devil taunts: I said you couldn’t do it! You’ll never be successful.
Don’t believe it! The Lord knows you are more powerful than Satan so tap into God’s power! (1 John 4:4)
1. Winners know who they are. Accept your need for self acceptance. You are unique, revel in that. Build your worth around your love for God, others, your family and personality. Real beauty comes from within. (1 Samuel 16:7) Either rid your life of toxic relationships or be an encourager.
2. Become conscious of how you react to food. Are you really hungry or just provoked by a feeling? Do you eat healthy foods or do you bring tempting junk into your home? Do you eat quickly or dine leisurely with friends and family? It takes 20 minutes for your brain to know your tummy is full, so relax and enjoy your food.
3. Build a support system for accountability/encouragement. God declared, “It’s not good for man to be alone.” Your friends and family care if you’re unhealthy. Don’t allow them to be enablers.
4. Successful people are committed to reaching goals. They don’t allow set-backs to deter them. Sometimes you’ll be ten steps forward and then four steps back, but remember, you’re still going forward! As a Christian, is there anything that would entice you to return to a decadent lifestyle? Hope not! Realize that God doesn’t expect perfection from you, only obedience – so don’t expect it from yourself.
5. Successful people develop strategies. They have created strategies to overcome temptations before they arise. Outside influences shouldn’t control them. They know honoring God is more important than establishing a fattening, unhealthy food as their idol.
6. They find pleasure in other actions besides eating! Develop a hobby, write, paint, exercise, read a favorite novel, garden, learn a new skill. It’s not selfish to find satisfaction in a well-rounded lifestyle! Food then won’t be the highlight of your life.
7. Motivated people use visualization skills. Try visualizing yourself covered in lard or yellow fat. Visualize eating raw chicken skin, mmm . . . or bacon grease coursing throughout your veins. Not very attractive. Think of your heart as a separate entity, faithfully working day and night to keep you alive. Your heart deserves better!
8. Winners are confident people! Aren’t you drawn to confident leaders? Just think how mentally strong you become, because no one else can lose your weight but you!! If you can lose weight you can do anything, so walk like a winner!
9. Winners become educated. They understand why they eat and know where temptations are. They control their daily fat intake and rarely eat junk food – which like sugar, greatly ages the body. They exercise because it’s beneficial and FUN. They’ve learned physiology and what an intricate machine God created!
10. Feeling great is their everyday routine. Healthy people smile more, enjoying life! Being healthy improves one’s looks, energy level, longevity, self-esteem and is a testimony to how God gloriously rules in our lives.
Walk with God’s Strength, it’s something winners strive for.
“For it is written, You must be holy, because I am holy.” (1 Peter 1:16)