I’d like to extend a special thank you to http://www.hisperfecttiming.blog for a very special award given to those blogs “whose presence on the web serves as a shining light for Christ and His Gospel of salvation.” That’s quite an honor, thank you! I have been truly blessed via the internet to obtain many wonderful followers who have become very close friends. She is certainly one of them.
This lovely award, created by Joe Rodriguez of Lighthouse Devotions, http://www.lighthousedevotions.blog (one of the rules is to mention him in your prepared acceptance post.) So thank you Joe for creating an encouraging award. All who post this to our site strive to motivate others to become their best self, pleasing to our Lord.
The Rules for Acceptance:
- Save and add the award image (pictured here) on your blog.
- Create a page/post to mention the award nomination and thank the person/blog that nominated you. Make sure you provide a link to their site.
- Give credit to the creator of the award (Lighthouse Devotions) and provide a link to the site as well. (http://www.Lighthousedevotions.blog)
- List the rules.
- Answer the next four questions on the same post:
What three words would you use to describe your blog?
In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
- Nominate 7 or more people/blogs to receive the award. Briefly explain why you think they should receive it and provide a link to their sites.
- Contact them and let them know that you nominated them.
- Provide them with a link to the Rules page.
- Say a prayer thanking God for His light and ask that He continue to shine it through you and your blog.
- Keep shining the light of Christ wherever you go and in whatever you do!
Here are my answers to His Perfect Timing’s questions:
1. What three words would you use to describe your blog?
“Biblical Nutritional Truth” There are so many false diet gurus out in the world today who profess a false dietary doctrine which contradicts God’s Word of physiological Truth. Don’t believe everything your “itchy ears” want to hear simply because it sounds easy and quick!
2. In what way(s) can a Christian shine for Christ?
One way is to present our bodies as living sacrifices, practicing self-control over food cravings. “Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God–this is your true and proper worship.” (Romans 12:1)
3. What bible verse (quote it) talks about being a light in a dark and lost world?
“Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” (Psalm 119:105)
Many people are in the dark about what constitutes a sensible daily diet. That path can literally lead to one of destruction through dangerously high cholesterol levels, heart disease, diabetes and even cancers.
I urge you to discover what God already knows and has encouraged us to follow, a common-sense physiological pathway – which He laid down in Genesis 1:29 & 9:3 – for that way leads to a healthier lifestyle.
4. What Christian song do you know that has the word “light” in it? Provide a link if available.
Perhaps Chris Rice, “Go Light Your World.” By exhibiting a strong Christian testimony, others seek what you have.
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world
My nominations in no particular order and I love everyone of my 3200+ followers:
- Matthew Winters, Comeback Pastor https://mdw4christ.wordpress.com His Biblical insight is soooo incredible, that I’ve sent many links to my pastor husband.
- Yelobird, Tammy of http://www.yelobrd777.com Her prayerful encouragement never failed to bring peace to my soul, She’s not only my wonderful sister in Christ, but also my personal prayer warrior!
- Randy, another wonderful pastor friend who provides Wisdom in all his posts which is an encouragement to me. https://kingdompastor.wordpress.com/ The world needs more strong, intelligent Biblical pastors like Randy and Matthew!
- Wendy Endaya of https://harvestofhealing.wordpress.com My gosh, I know if she lived in my town, I’d be over at her house daily for Christian fellowship! I thank her for her prayers of encouragement as we endured tough times recently.
- Bob Clark posts on Facebook: https://plus.google.com/+RobertClarke He is always is there with an intelligent comment attached to a Scripture verse and he knows nutrition!!!
- Lisa Riehm, another strong-minded Christian woman who physically struggles with Lyme disease. You’d never know it however, for her positive attitude is an inspiration to all! https://thewhisperwithin.live
- Sheila, my Christian Outreach friend in Italy (the gorgeous city view on her site is worth the click alone!) https://sheilascorziello.com. My heart broke when we couldn’t meet after my Italian missionary trip was canceled. But if not soon, I know we will eventually
“I thank my God every time I remember you.” (Philippians 1:3)