John the Baptist was born specifically for one purpose: to proclaim the coming of the Lord. He knew the way to Salvation and proclaimed that Truth to anyone who would listen.
But not many listened, preferring to live as they always had. Few turned away from their destructive path to find real JOY, preferring to wallow in the destructive or apathetic lifestyle they had chosen, content to be spiritually sick.. They fail to reach out to the Great Physician for eternal life.
Now I don’t claim to know all the answers to health problems. As a nutritional counselor, I believe I speak for many in the healthcare profession who have felt like John the Baptist crying out in the wilderness. We know the True Way to a healthier lifestyle and we CAN get you there but who listens!
Many follow false diets rather than health-sustaining truth! It is indeed frustrating to see our friends preferring the depraved lifestyle of nutrient-depleting sodas, processed ingredients and unhealthy fast food rather than nutritious whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean protein. They’ll follow fad diet gurus instead of searching for physiological Biblical truth!
Reach out for solid, life-giving truth and you too can attain youthful energy, clear thinking and abundant life! But who’s listening? Similarly, accepting salvation must come from within the heart to be TRUE salvation. Do you truly desire to change?
Most prefer not to. 1/3 of Americans are obese and nearly 2/3’s of us are overweight! Why? Because sadly, the cost of becoming healthier to them isn’t worth the lifestyle sacrifice to get there:
- Some consider themselves victims. “Circumstances made them this way.” They whine,”It’s too hard” – unplugging their Christian power source. “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” (1 John 4:4)
- They have made a golden idol out of food!!! “Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.” (Philippians 3:19)
- They are unteachable because they “know everything” already! After all, “I read in a magazine once . . .” or “Dr. Oz spoke about this on his television show . . .” makes them experts now. “Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools.” (Romans 1:22)
- They are content to wallow in the lifestyle they have chosen, for after all, their bodies are only temporary – what difference does it make? “LET’S LIVE IT UP!” “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.” (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20)
- They aren’t health knowledgeable. They need someone to teach them truth. “How can people have faith in the Lord and ask him to save them, if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear, unless someone tells them?” (Romans 10:14 ) As a health professional, I pray I’ll never be apathetic about proclaiming truth.
Try posting any appropriate Bible verses around the house for motivation.
As Christians, shouldn’t we confess and trust Christ to take away ALL our sins, even gluttony and lack of control???