There’s always something “new and improved” coming along, which catches the world’s attention. Fenugreek could be the “newest” 6,000 year old wonder-fad for weight loss and beauty being promoted on every magazine and health program around.
The good thing is, it works! But use caution here; just because something is good does not mean that more is better. Always use common sense when trying any herb because each person’s chemistry is unique and without caution, it could be potentially dangerous. It’s how I learned I was deathly allergic to Echinacea.
- Fenugreek contains many good nutritional properties such as vitamin C and iron, a perfect combination, since these should be taken in conjunction with each other for maximum absorption.
- By reducing the bad LDL cholesterol in your system, it therefore lowers your risk of heart attacks. It also contains high levels of potassium which regulates heart function.
- It assists with burning fat and developing a flatter belly (sorry, one must still exercise.) This herb contains fiber which swells when taken with a large glass of water so it is very helpful in decreasing appetite and thus losing weight naturally.
- It flushes out toxins and thus allows the kidney/liver symbiotic relationship to thrive. By doing so it cleans out your digestive system, producing more natural energy.
- And wouldn’t anyone desire healthier, cleaner skin? By grinding the seeds into a paste and applying as a facial, has been shown to be extremely effective against skin irritations, breakouts and preventing scar tissue.
- I have highly recommended it for women’s health issues such as hot flashes, mood swings or lack of libido because it balances hormone levels due to its containment of a plant estrogen. But please avoid if pregnant.
- This herb has been tested and found to slow the rate that sugar is absorbed into the blood. Therefore, if used properly, it has been beneficial in treating diabetes . I caution you to speak to your doctor however before attempting to self-remedy any health concern.
- It restores brain function and allows the brain process to retain information. It basically helps cells not wear out. Don’t we all need that as we age?!
- It has been known to soothe an irritated stomach, so if heartburn or digestive issues are a challenge, gradually add this into your daily routine as recommended on the label.
Not bad for a little advertised herb that can be found inexpensively at most health and drug stores.
Isn’t God Smart??? Way back in Genesis 1:29 He declared, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.”
God knew man would prefer simple instructions so He made easy to comply with instructions for maximum health. So why do we insist on following some crazy health plan that warns us against consuming legumes, whole grains or other restrictive diet plan with some made-up human formula? I prefer to follow God’s formula, don’t you?
“But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.” (Joshua 24:15)