I am very honored to receive another award from one of my most loving and encouraging readers, Christine. She produces the creative blog: www.oursoulspurpose.com inspiring others to express gratitude, forgiveness and unconditional love in their daily lives. What a versatile writer she is! I am so grateful to the “blogosphere” for the opportunity to gather so many friends from all around the world into my life!
I can’t wait to pass this on to several deserving blogging friends who have touched my heart this past year. I’ve chosen 10 below and would have chosen more but I saw some of them had already won these already! Please nominate 3-10 special bloggers who you think would like it.
To accept the Sunshine Award, please do the following:
1. Display the Award on your Blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the Blogger who awarded you.
3. Present 10 deserving Bloggers with the Award- ‘who positively and creatively inspire others’ in the blogosphere.
4. Link your awardees in the post and notify them that they are being awarded with a comment.
The only ‘rule’ for the Inner Peace Award is that you write a short piece on why you are accepting it. Here’s mine:
“Although I grew up in an extremely violent, tumultuous home, somehow I knew, even as a child, that Jesus was with me and kept me safe for a purpose. As a child, the Lord even then, provided a safe inner peace called hope. Looking back in hindsight, I know all the experiences in my life made me a stronger, more independent person and I praise God for them because it allows me to reach out to others today.
“Inner peace” is bestowed by Christ. Joy is a choice and how dare someone try to take that away from me! Perhaps that is why I am drawn to those who have an inner peace within themselves despite the personal storms in their own life. I choose to smile and I chose nominees who do the same.”
Then write 10 interesting things about you. Here’s mine:
- The best thing about Arizona is that I can wear flowing sundresses or comfortable jeans nine months of the year!
- I’ve loved living in another country and with America progressing the way it is, has made it very tempting to do so again.
- But then I’d miss my daughter, son and five grandchildren too much.
- As a farm girl, had unusual pets, including a raccoon and a pet skunk.
- Besides writing, reading and traveling are my passions.
- I enjoy cooking and creating new recipes so much, we hardly ever eat out.
- My greatest weakness? I’m sometimes impulsive – but I’m working on that.
- My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.
- I almost drowned in a boating accident when I was four and a half years old, which makes me terrified of being under water.
- I walk twice each day with my two dogs, a Lhasa Apso and a golden Cocker Spaniel which works out to be about 2-4 miles each day. They nag me more than any human ever can!
So here’s my nominations and I am truly honored to pass these two awards on. I chose each nominee thoughtfully because every one has either overcome adversity or have inspirational testimonies, showing us how to truly sustain sunshine daily in our souls:
“I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,” Philippians 1:3