Well my dear friend Liam, http://www.thelifeofathinker.wordpress.com has nominated me once again for two lovely awards, The Liebster Award and The Inner Peace Award. Blogging friends for almost a year now, he has spoiled me with his kindness in nominating me. (Since he has even more followers than I do, it is indeed an honor for him to recognize me.)
Here are the Rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you.
2. Nominate (up to) eleven bloggers for these awards.
3. Notify the bloggers.
4. Ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the nomination.
5. Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated and post your awards.
The Questions I was asked by Liam: (Can you tell he’s British?)
1. What is your favourite song, and why? “Go Now” by The Moody Blues, an oldie from the mid ’60s. I’ve always loved its haunting tune.
2. What is your favourite book, and why? Besides The Bible? To Kill a Mocking Bird. The perfect coming of age book and besides, I was absolutely the character Scout, same haircut and everything! As a curious kid I always was getting into trouble.
3. Which do you prefer, chocolate or sweets? Dark Chocolate, the darker the better! I used to even sneak some of the bitter chocolate used for baking, when my mom wasn’t looking.
4. Which do you prefer, reading a book inside by the fire when it is winter, or sunbathing in the summer? Being a bookworm, it’s reading books outside in our 72 degree Arizona winter. Since we used to live in Myrtle Beach it would have been sunbathing but now since we live in the hot dry heat of Arizona, I’d be a raisin in the sun if I basked in it during July and August.
5. Do you play any musical instruments? If not, what instrument would you most like to play? I was the only member of the band that the instructor practically begged to quit. Ouch. I would have loved to have played the harp but it’s just a trifle large to march with.
6. Which could you not live without, your computer or your phone? Today, with Skype, a computer can take the place of a phone and is what I would miss the most.
7. Which do you prefer, the books or the film adaptations? I much prefer to use my imagination with books, although I do enjoy movies when they are well-done. Case in point; To Kill a Mockingbird was perfectly interpreted in the movie.
8. What is your favourite drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? a pomegranate martini.
9. What is your favourite food? Almost any Seafood: Crab, Lobster, Scallops, Shrimp (but not calamari)
10. What is your favourite movie? The Shawshank Redemption with its well written script and intelligent ending. (Finding Forrester and Man in the Moon with Reese Witherspoon, too.)
11. Where is your favourite place in the world? Sitting on Mykonos beach in Greece at sunset, simply watching the water lap the ships along the shore as the sun goes down.
The Nominees: (up to 11) who are just some who have brought me inner peace and support through their friendships.
Proverbs 27:9 “The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense.”
Here are my questions for you to answer before you can post the awards:
- Would you rather win an Academy Award, Nobel Prize, Pulitzer or Grammy?
- If you could interview anyone alive, who would it be and why?
- What era in history would you have loved to have lived?
- Do you think parents play favorites with their children?
- Do you prefer cooking at home or eating out?
- What’s the best gift you ever received?
- If you could be anyone in history who would it be and why?
- Do you believe dinosaurs lived the same time as man?
- Where do you see yourself five years from now?
- If you ever had “15 minutes of fame”, what was it for?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be and why?
Thank you and please have fun with this!