Are you one who skips meals thinking they’ll lose faster? Do you try the latest low-fat or non-fat diet? Have you ever thought you could simply starve yourself thin? Outsmarting a fat cell isn’t easy nor smart.
1 Corinthians 2:14, ” The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.”
Fat is a necessary component to metabolism!
Sorry, we can’t outsmart a fat cell, it’s smarter than we are! Our bodies want to survive and will do everything in its power to do so. While perceiving starvation as a threat, it’ll automatically slow down its metabolic rate, going into its self-protection mode. In other words, it’s one step ahead of us! The only true way to lose for a lifetime is to consume nutrients while burning up more calories than we consume.
Make the Fat Cell Our Friend.
A fat cell’s purpose is to store and release energy depending on what our metabolic needs are at the time, filling and reducing depending on how much one eats. It’s God’s intricate design.
Psalm 139:14, “Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous–how well I know it.”
A person is born with basically all the fat cells he’ll ever have. It might surprise you to know that men and women are born with about the same number. Unfortunately for us women, men lose weight faster, due to muscle, enzymes and hormonal distribution. We women gracefully need to embrace our “softness” sometimes.
Starvation plans don’t work so stop the needless frustration:
- The First Law of Thermodynamics states: it takes energy to make energy. Therefore you’re not doing yourself any good by starving yourself.
- Starving will produce more muscle loss than fat, and when we eat again, we’ll gain fat back.
- Muscle is an efficient fat burner. Men have more muscle, eerrrgh. So women; develop a fun way to exercise, to develop more muscle and increase heart-rate efficiency. Dance, play with the baby, water aerobics, walk the pup to develop muscle.
- Enzymes are like several assigned movers in one moving company, transporting your chewed food into the room it needs to go. Remember, chew food – it releases enzymes. (Women have more fat storing lipogenic enzymes, while men have more fat producing enzymes.)
- The hormone, estrogen, sends stored fat to hips, butts and thighs. Women were designed with a higher percentage of estrogen in order to bear healthy children. We need to accept that fact graciously.
Starving stresses the body, creating:
- the release of stress hormones; producing toxins, an acidic environment, weakening the immune system, chancing illnesses, heart palpitations and possible cancers.
- a loss in necessary vitamins, minerals, amino acids and phytonutrients which regulate your heart and other bodily functions.
- non-essential body parts such as hair and nails thin, become brittle and break.
- a loss of brain, bone, muscle and healthy skin tone.
- a loss protective brown fat which cushions and warms vital organs and once gone, it’s gone!
- an excretion of water because you aren’t eating complex carbs which absorb water and assist with waste elimination.
Instead of suffering through a starvation diet, shake up your routine:
- Increase water with lemon intake.
- Eat smaller, water based, fruits and vegetable, fiber-filled meals.
- Try juicing for several days. Juicing gives your body the nutrients it needs for daily functions. My only problem with juicing is the loss of fiber from the fruits and vegetables, so try finding ways to use that fiber in other recipes.
- Try hot, spicy foods to increase metabolism.
Eat smarter and lose weight!